Jun 23, 2017

Celebration time

Launch day is always special and unnerving and scary...we send our 'babies' out into the world after much navel gazing and worrying and second-guessing and editing.

So when Wednesday came around and my book, Something About You launched I was on tenterhooks. This is my second full self-published book so the buck stops with me. I chose the cover, I chose the editor, I wrote the blurb...which is all so very different from working with a traditional publisher. There's no one to hold my hand and no one else to take the blame.


But, I loved writing this book so much. Jenna and Nick are perfect for each other but both have been hurt in the past so they try very, very hard not to fall in love. I also love the setting of Portobello Market, Notting Hill where I lived for a few years--it's a crazy melting pot of cultures and sounds and scents and has a small community feel although it's in a big city.

Here's the blurb:

Will they risk their friendship for a night of unbridled passion?

A broken heart …
Widow Jenna Cassidy-Pearce has had her one love of a lifetime. Now she’s fine being single and focusing on her new floristry business, raising her daughter and spending time with her friends. On top of all that she’s also organizing a very secret wedding for her sister, the wedding-shy wedding planner. Jenna’s life is a whirlwind of busy-but-in-control, and that’s just how she likes it – it keeps the loneliness and the longing at bay. So when old friend Nick Welsh comes back into her life she's not prepared for the onslaught of emotions and unwelcome lust she feels for him.

A damaged soldier …
After surviving bombs and bombshells that damaged his life and destroyed all trust, ex army officer Nick Welsh has returned to London for a quiet life. He definitely does not want to get embroiled in Jenna's chaotic one, but there's something about the spirited redhead with the sparkling blue eyes and complete inability to sit still that makes him keep seeking her out, and there’s a whole lot of chemistry he just can't deny.

The healing power of love
Is he ready to trust again? And can he teach Jenna that everyone deserves another chance at love?
A fun story about family, second chances, old friends and new love.

What are you celebrating this week/month? I'm hoping to share some bubbles with my writing friends this weekend as I send this baby out into the wild (a bit like wetting the baby's head! LOL). What's your preferred way to celebrate? 

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo Louisa ya I do have this one on my kindle and the first one I am so far behind on my reading at the moment but will get to them asap and I know I am going to love them.

    I am off to another Romance Reader lunch this weekend which is always good fun and hubby's birthday is next week so we will be having a family BBQ love it when I have all of my family together :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited about this one, Louisa, as I loved Something Borrowed and was dying to know what would happen with lovely Jenna. Congratulations on the launch and I just know it will be a huge success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy release week on the new book, Louisa! It looks and sounds great. :-) I think you've definitely earned your bubbles this weekend -- enjoy!

    I'm celebrating having just sent (right this minute) my latest manuscript to my editor. I forecast a lovely weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy release week! That cover is so adorable. I hope the book sells like hotcakes :D

    I'm celebrating nothing in particular - just being happy to do what I love, with the person I love and be surrounded by awesome family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new book baby, Louisa. And how adorable is she/he/it? I know you will celebrate in style this weekend, so Cheers!

    I'm celebrating (very quietly) being home again from a couple of weeks' abroad and that is always nice. Despite the frosty cold mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Louisa. this sounds wonderful and I have to say I love the cover. Hope it sells its socks off and that you have a lovely celebration to boot.

    Hoping for a celebration here later this week. The 1st is my birthday and it's also the day my self-pubbed story 'The Italian's Bold Reckoning' goes live. I think I'll be smiling then.

    ReplyDelete