Apr 1, 2016

Time for things to be on the up.

We've had some tough times in the Lovecats family. In the past year a few of us have lost parents, some have had ill family members, and some have had their lives turned upside down by fires, floods and other disasters. It's funny how bad things seem to happen in waves and then all of a sudden things start to take a turn for the better.

We've had some challenging times in the DeLeo house in the last twelve months, too. My husband and I have both lost our dads, I've had a few health issues and my husband left the job he'd been in for twenty years to start his own business so I'm back full time teaching. While I've been supporting my family and friends I've found it increasingly difficult to spend time reading or writing and so I haven't had a book out for almost a year. Now that I am starting to get back into some "normal" life, it's those happily ever afters that are helping me through. Picking up a book and knowing for certain that despite all the trials and tribulations love will always win out is the best feeling in the world.
To celebrate the upcoming release of the second in my "Weddings in Westchester" series my first book in the series, "The Bouquet List", is being re-released as a traditional sweet romance and is on sale for a limited time.

If you've been having a tough time, may this April 1st bring wonderful winds of change for you.

14 comments:

  1. Hugs on the tough year, Barb. And I totally agree -- it's definitely time for things to be on the up for you and yours. Mind you, THE WEDDING BOUQUET'S re-release is a perfect way to start that upward trajectory. :-) I love those happy endings too and can't wait until the second book in the Weddings in Westchester series to hit the stores. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michelle. There's something extra special about a release, isn't there? All that hard work and then it's out in the world we can just enjoy it. Happy endings have kept me going so many times.

      Delete
  2. Hi Barbara

    Hugs to you and your families nothing worse and yes HEA's are the best and I m sure they will help I need to move the first book up the TBR pile before the next one comes out :)

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Helen. I know how big your TBR pile is! I just can't imagine a world without HEAs. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Barb,
    I hope that tough wave has passed and the good times follow. Good luck to your hubby for his new business.

    And good luck with your new book. I can't wait to read it.

    Huge hugs,
    Cath xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cath. I do believe that it's important to acknowledge the bad times. I think it makes the good one even better :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Barb,
    Hugs on the bad year and much love to you and your family. Here's hoping the better times are here for good, can't wait to dive into your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lovely Louisa. I'm hoping 2016 will be wonderful for us all. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like the entire De Leo family is ready for improved times. The new cover for Bouquet List looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs on the tough year. Seems to be that when it rains it pours, right? I hope the next twelves months bring you lots of good things.

    The new cover looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes definitely time for some good, happy time, Barb! xxooxxoooxxoo

    The Bouquet List has such a sweet, lovely cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs, Barb! I hope the re-release of The Bouquet List signals the beginning of a long list of wonderful positives in the De Leo house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear you've had to go through such difficult times, Barb. Congratulations on your re-release,

    ReplyDelete