Apr 29, 2016

Pooch Bling!

Last night I ordered a new "going out" collar for Princess Ava. I feel it's important to have an around the house collar for everyday use, plus something pretty for special occasions. Billie already has one - as she's modelling in the picture below, but she has a lovely black coat that goes with just about anything. 




Ava has red fawn fur, which is more difficult to match, but I've eventually decided on a pretty blue feathers design (which also means both girls will have blue going out collars, which is kind of cute). 


Both collars from the awesome Collars By Christine: www.facebook.com/collarsbychristine/


But there were so many other pretty collars that I think I'll need to let the girls have a few each. Which got me to thinking about other pooch accessories. Both girls have winter coats:





And I may have been tempted to put scarves on them in the past. They just have such lovely long necks!





And Ava had painted nails when she first arrived, courtesy of her foster mother. I've bought more pink for her, and a lovely bottle of purple for Billie, but haven't got around to putting them on yet. In fact, I even have a scene in The Finn Factor where the characters paint the nails of the border collie, Harvey.

But this all makes me think about how much I'm paying attention to their accessories, when I hadn't given it much thought with all of my previous pooches. Perhaps the girls have a touch of glamour that lends itself to accessorizing? Or maybe the world is changing - pretty collars like the ones at the top of the post were hard to find 10 or 15 years ago.

What about you? Have you ever put a particularly nice collar on your pooch or kitty? Bought them accessories? Maybe a lovely coat? What about painting their nails? Please tell me I'm not alone in this!


11 comments:

  1. Rachel, your girls look lovely in their beautiful accessories! And happy, too. Only loved dogs get to flaunt such canine fashion!
    When I buy my cats collars I choose colours and styles to suit their fur colour and personalities - of course I do! As for pretty scarves or ribbons - forget it, they're cats and fight their way out of them in seconds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Kandy, there's a lot of love for these girls. And a lot from them too!

      Your cats are so beautiful - and I have a special spot in my heart for Alfie and Ivy. I'm thinking their monochrome coats allow for lots of choice with collars and I think they'd make anything look stylish. :)

      Delete
  2. Heavens above your girls look lovely, Rach! I hope you've bought yourself a scarf or a hat in that gorgeous shade of blue so that you'll all match when you go out. :-)

    No pets in my world at the moment...though I always used to buy my sister's dog a Christmas present so he had something to unwrap too. And whenever my sister-in-law comes to dinner with her pooch, I always make sure there's a doggy treat for her too. Surely these things are merely good manners? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, Michelle, now you mention it, I really do need to get something for myself in that lovely cobalt blue to wear out with the girls. A scarf would be perfect, because it would be around my throat too. :)

      You have impeccable pooch manners! If you lived any closer, I'd be bringing my girls over for dinner.

      Delete
  3. They're such beauties, your lovely girls! They look fabulous. Their coats are adorable. Do they have to wear them because they get really cold in winter or do they just like the feel of them?

    No pets here, but my mum has quite a few accessories for her little chihuahua...the dog hates them, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stefanie, the coats are for the cold. Ava starts nudging for hers early, and if her coat isn't on, she asks for a blankie to be tucked around her. Billie only likes them on the coldest of nights - her body temperature must be higher.

      How adorable that your mum has chihuahua accessories! A shame the dog hates them, but still, I've seen them online and they're so tiny and cute!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rachel

    Oh I do love those collars and coats they are beautiful I have always tried to buy bright coloured collars for out pets and ones that go with their colour at the moment Casper has a plain black collar and he is all white so it looks good I don't think he would fancy a coat he loves playing in the rain and is not fond of the heat he does have longest fur but he does get presents he has a Darth Vadar toy that squeaks at the moment and it is his favourite (amongst the many other toys he has) it is kinda like a stuffed doll you gotta love them :)

    have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, the black collar on his white coat sounds striking!

      A Darth Vader squeaky toy? How awesome! Ava doesn't really like toys, but Billie is getting more and more interested. When she's feeling playful, she'll throw them around a bit. :)

      Delete
  5. Your dogs are so fashionable, Rachel. Oh to be dog in your house!

    My poor little pooch doesn't get any pretty accessories. But, she does get lovely runs on the beach which she seem to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, runs on the beach are awesome! In fact, if we asked the actual pooches, I think they'd say the beach runs are worth more than the accessories. :)

      Delete
  6. I must admit that my Jack Russells are more into the running and fetching and general terrioring than fashion. But I'm a fan of the fashionable collar and love those bright blue babies. I also love your babies; they look beautiful in their coats.

    ReplyDelete