Aug 12, 2011

romance writers of Australia conference...

Here I come!

Yesterday I shopped till I dropped but I'm happy to report I have my Roaring Twenties Harlequin cocktail party number (stay tuned for snaps!!), my workshop goodies, wardrobe accessories and last minute underwear selections. Oh, and a pair of false eyelashes. Don't ask.

Bob Mayer, Jane Porter, Susan Wiggs, Kristin Nelson, Caitlin Crews as well as icons like Bronwyn Jameson and Marion Lennox will be in attendance. The Saturday night awards evening is a fave. This year RWAust. organised a contest to judge the best Harlequin cover of the last twenty years! I'm totally stoked to say that my second Desire cover for For Blackmail or Pleasure is one of the finalists.

Look here for a peak...

I loved it then. I love it now.

Here are a list of the finalists...
AURTHOR NAME COVER TITLE

Anna Campbell My Reckless Surrender

Anne Gracie The Accidental Wedding

Bronwyn Jameson Princes of the Outback

Christina Brooke Heiress in Love

Christina Phillips Captive

Christine Stinson It Takes a Village

Denise Rossetti Gift of the Goddess

Ebony McKenna ONDINE – The Autumn Palace

Erica Hayes Shadowglass

Helene Young Wings of Fear (Border Watch)

Lisa Heidke Claudia’s Big Break

Robyn Grady For Blackmail or Pleasure

Tamara Gill A Captain’s Order – A Duke’s Command

Tracey O’Hara Death’s Sweet Embrace

Trish Morey The Storm Within – Royal Wedding Anthology


Wish me luck, and stay tuned for pics and news! I'm *sure* there'll be oodles.

5 comments:

  1. Have a great time Robyn I soo enjoyed being at Coogee last year and so wish I could have been there this year as well but maybe next year.
    I am going away this weekend for a romance readers retreat at Bowral and am really looking forward to it and I am sure we will be checking for winners while there.

    Good luck to you and everyone there really are some great covers and great books nominated for the awards

    Have Fun
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, it was so lovely meeting you last year. Coogee was a brilliant conference, and I bet this one in Melbourne will even top that!!

    Have fun at your romance readers retreat. I really would love to hear more about that!

    Robbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're going to have an awesome time! Here's so hoping your cover wins! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robyn,

    All the best for your nominated cover and enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Marlena and Nas!!

    I haven't been on the net or *two whole days*! I didn't win but Bronwyn Jameson did so I don't mind at all, particularly given it was for her Princes of the Outback series!!

    Am having a fab time!

    ReplyDelete