Sep 28, 2010

A vulgar tongue -- quiz answers and winner!

I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the quiz! I hope you had fun!

The answers (taken from the
1811 Dictionary of the Vulgar Tongue) are:


An 'abbess' is the mistress of a brothel

To be 'betwattled' is to be surprised or confounded


To be in a 'brown study' is to be lost
in thought

A 'bone box' is a person's mouth


To 'sho
ot the cat' is to vomit

And the winner is ... Suzi Love. Congratulations Suzi!
You got every answer right!

Suzi, you've won a
copy of my October release Beauty and the Scarred Hero. Can you please contact me by email at worldaroundthecorner(AT)gmail(DOT)com? Congratulations -- and thanks for participating!

4 comments:

  1. Yippee! I won a copy of your book - I'm so excited. And really looking forward to reading it, Emily.
    Thank you, and thanks to all my wonderful downunder friends,
    Did I mention how much I love weird Regency words?
    Suzi Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Suzi! But also - wow for knowing all those words!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your love of weird Regency words shows, Suzi!

    I hope that everyone enjoyed the quiz -- most people came very close to getting all the words right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Suzi! Congratulations!

    Fun quiz, Emily! I'm still chuckling about how *very* wrong my guess for the abbess was!
    :)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete